Enjoy the best brunch ever with your friends and family in beautiful Tampa!
These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of ApartmentsForBulls.com or any of our advertising partners.
The citizens of Tampa Bay love hockey, football, and street festivals – but they really, really love brunch.
And why not? It's a gloriously lazy meal where you can gorge yourself on things wrapped in bacon and wash it all down with some ice-cold champagne and orange juice.
If you're wondering about the best brunch spots near your USF apartment, then we've got you covered with this comprehensive list of convenient eateries.
Tampa Palms/ New Tampa
- The Fat Rabbit Pub – Located on Bruce B. Downs, this quirky neighborhood bar throws down some ridiculous grub. This rabbit is fat for a reason. Chow down on tater tot casseroles, burgers with Guinness beer cheese, and a huge assortment of fried things, and of course, mimosas.
- Stonewood Grill – This decadent Sunday brunch won't go amiss with tasty bits like crab cake Benedict, shrimp and grits, apple potato hash, and a mimosa flight with four luscious flavors.
- Acropolis Greek Taverna – You might not picture a Greek place as brunch central, but this eatery offers up a delightful menu with plenty of fresh seafood and absolutely stellar and flavorful Bloody Marys.
- Mr. Dunderbak's – Again, maybe not what you imagine when you think brunch, but this German diner dishes up amazingly hearty meals, as well as a mouth-watering selection of the finest European beers, meats, and cheeses.
- Babushka's – Accessible via the Bull Runner Shuttle, this Russian tea house has a tempting menu of succulent drankini (meat-stuffed hash browns), syrniki (fat pancakes with farmer's cheese), and blinchiki (crepes packed with either savory or sweet ingredients), and a selection of mead, beer, and wine.
- Gaspar's Patio – This North Tampa icon just up 56ths from the University of South Florida main campus doesn't offer any frills, just good food, strong drinks, and a spacious outdoor patio. Bring the pup and relax with some craft beers and heaps of your favorite comfort foods.
A Little Further Afield
- Graze 1910 – This hipster brunchery inside the Armature Works offers up culinary delights like chicken and waffles with maple and bacon glaze, smoked salmon, and a prosecco and Hyppo Pop cocktail that really hits the spot.
- Cask Social Kitchen – In the heart of SoHo, Cask offers brunch a mind-blowing THREE days a week! They also have $20 unlimited mimosas, gator tail flatbread, and carrot cake French toast.
- Rusty Pelican – Kind of a hike out to Rocky Point, but the views are worth it. This is a bit fancier of a place, so make sure you dress the part. Prime rib, crab cakes, lobster Benedict, seafood towers, and delightfully flavored mimosas.
- Ulele – Perched on the banks of the Hillsborough River, Ulele doesn't offer a specific brunch menu, but you won't be disappointed with gator hush puppies, fresh oysters, crab mac and cheese, enormous sandwiches, or the concoctions of their talented, sexy bar staff.
- Eddie V's Prime Seafood – This one is also a little $$, so it's a great place to take the parents and make Dad pick up the tab. Classy and elegant, gorge yourself on steak, seafood, top-shelf drinks, and amazing service.
- Gaspar's Grotto – Don't confuse this with the similarly-named Patio in Temple T. This place is right on 7th Ave in Ybor City, and you won't want to miss their legendary Sunday Booze Cruise Brunch. Choose from a delectable array of breakfast and lunch items, seafood, a carving station, and unlimited champagne!
This is just a taste of all the brunch spots within reach of your USF apartment. New spots open every day, so follow ApartmentsForBulls for more tips on how to live the Tampa lifestyle to the fullest!