Find 2 Bedroom Apartments Near USF in Tampa, FL
Whether you have plans for a roommate or just want additional space, you'll be able to find a range of 2 bedroom apartments near USF with great locations and amenity packages. USF serves more than 40,000 students and spans over a thousand acres, offering students a wide range of academic paths and campus activities. This area of Tampa is popular among renters, like college students, and prospective residents will have no trouble finding USF apartments with roommate matching available. If you're still debating over what size and layout apartment is the best fit for you, below are a few things to think about when looking for 2 bedroom apartments near USF.
Things to Consider about 2 Bedroom USF Apartments
It can be difficult deciding whether or not to live with roommates when renting an apartment. If you've lived with roommates before, some of the points below may be very familiar to you. It can also be helpful to consider your past experiences and what you've learned about sharing spaces with others.
- Splitting the rent – many apartments are considerably cheaper when splitting the bills, even with one roommate. However, you can find affordable apartments near USF that fit your budget whether you're on your own or living with others.
- Company – your roommate could be a longtime friend, or a brand new friend that can join you on new adventures and experiences. This is especially useful if you're new to the Tampa area.
- Shared responsibility – having an extra set of hands to do chores and tidy up the apartment can make a big difference, particularly if you've never been "on your own" before.
- Shared spaces – it may be difficult for some roommates to agree on the use of shared spaces, particularly the kitchen and living room. This can often be resolved through friendly and honest discussions early on, and preferably even before moving into 2 bedroom USF apartments.
- Contracts – renting an apartment usually involves signing a lease that requires you to stay for a certain length of time if you want to avoid incurring fees. Many USF apartments come with 12-month leases; however, you can always find apartments with individual leases to avoid some of the shared commitments.
Read more about benefits to having a roommate at this Livestrong page.
Tips for Living in 2 Bedroom Apartments
As 2 bedroom USF apartments tend to be larger in size, it may be helpful to develop a cleaning plan and schedule early on. This can help avoid larger messes that involve heavy-duty cleaning and organization. A few ideas include designated laundry days, rinsing dishes directly after use, frequent vacuuming and regularly wiping down areas likes countertops, the inside of the fridge and small crevices between appliances.
Another important aspect to consider is the layout of your 2 bedroom apartment. For example, some apartments come with 1 or 2 bathrooms, either full size or half size. Full size bathrooms may be important if you're sharing with a roommate, but half size bathrooms can be convenient and easier to clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
What features should I look for in USF 2-bedroom apartments?
2-bedroom apartments near USF offer many exciting and useful features, from walk-in closets, to washers and dryers, to furniture. Keep an eye out for a "split floor plan" where the bedrooms are on opposite ends of the apartment. This layout is uncommon in other larger floor plans and is therefore highly sought after, with added privacy while still enjoying the company of a roommate. Additionally, some apartments with 2-bedrooms near USF offer patios attached to both bedrooms, another feature rarely found in larger floor plans.
How do I know which USF 2-bedroom apartment is right for me?
When considering different 2-bedroom apartments near USF, write up an apartment wish list. Start with the basics, your budget and location preferences. Maybe you're a business Bull looking for a 2-bedroom apartment near the Muma College of Business, so you decide to narrow down your search to apartments on Fowler Avenue for an easy bus ride to class. Once you have these basics nailed down, think about apartment features and amenities you'd prefer to have, such as a private bathroom. From here, our apartment search makes it easy to find off campus housing near USF with all your preferences. Filter your search down with your apartment wish list and start scheduling some tours!
How do I find a roommate for my USF 2-bedroom apartment?
If you're looking for a 2-bedroom apartment near USF but don't have a specific roommate in mind, no need to worry! Most USF 2-bedroom apartments offer both individual leases and roommate matching. When you fill out your application, you'll fill out a section of lifestyle questions covering topics like cleanliness, sleeping schedules, social life, and more. Leasing teams then match you up with a roommate they feel you'd get along with!