Apartments with USF Bull Runner Shuttle Pickup
At Apartments For Bulls, we know the ease of getting to USF campus is a top priority for students. That's why we love these apartment options that have easy access to the Bull Runner Shuttle.
What's that? Throughout the USF area, there is a bus system known as the Bull Runner with pick up stops at many of the apartments near the USF campus. Students, faculty, and staff members are granted free access to the transit system with a valid USFCard. Guests and non-USF students are welcome but must be accompanied by an individual with a valid USFCard or daily bus pass. Fortunately, a USF Bull Runner daily bus pass is easily acquired through the Parking and Transportation office or through pay-by-space receipts.
Divided into six different routes, the Bull Runner makes several stops to popular locations on campus and designated locations off of campus. Popular stops include dorms on campus, the library, the University Mall, Botanical Gardens, the Moffitt Research Center, and several off-campus apartments as well. Since the Bull Runner provides free, easy access to stops throughout campus, students living in apartments near the USF Bull Runner shuttle never need to worry about transportation to campus. These students are able to enjoy the luxury of living in an off-campus apartment while also being able to conveniently come and go from campus at all hours of the day and into the late night.
5 Benefits of Living in Apartments on the Bull Runner Shuttle Route
- Because you have quick, easy access to campus, living in an apartment on the USF Bull Runner shuttle route makes it so much easier to get involved. A regular bus schedule allows you to make trips to campus throughout the day in a timely fashion to make it to all of your extracurricular activities.
- You'll never have to worry about parking on campus. Any student who has tried to park their vehicle on campus knows how difficult, stressful, and time-consuming it can be to find a parking spot. However, when you live in an apartment near the USF Bull Runner, you can eliminate that worry!
- Riding the USF Bull Runner from your apartment to campus is also a great opportunity to sit with friends, old and new! This gives you the chance to ride with your roommates or meet new people and make friends with the other people who live in your community.
- No need to worry about being late to class! The Bull Runner follows a strict time schedule and even provides an app called the "BullTracker" that allows you to view a live bus map and receive updates on shuttle arrival times, so you're never late.
- You might find that you don't even need a car. With the convenient access to campus that the Bull Runner provides, many students feel that they don't even need a car. Most busses run regular schedules all day and even late into the night, not only to and from campus but to off-campus locations as well. Many students feel that this accessibility eliminates the need for a car, therefore cutting costs on gas, upkeep of the vehicle, and car insurance.
For more information on the Bull Runner, check out USF's website
for shuttle routes and the daily bus schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is every apartment near campus on the Bull Runner Shuttle Route?
You will find that most off campus student housing communities are on one of the Bull Runner routes to the USF campus. If you choose to live at a conventional apartment, you may need to rely on another mode of transportation to get to class. The leasing team on site will be able to confirm if there is a Bull Runner stop at their community and tell you which Bull Runner route they are on.
How much does it cost to ride the Bull Runner?
The Bull Runner is free for students with their valid USF ID. It's important to keep your ID in a safe place that you have with you whenever you leave the house to ensure you don't run into any issues boarding the shuttle.
Does the Bull Runner make stops anywhere other than campus and my apartment?
Along with multiple stops on campus, the Bull Runner offers routes that will take you to the University Square Mall, USF Publix, and even Busch Gardens. There is also a stop at the HART bus station where you can then use the HART bus system to travel around the Greater Tampa Bay. This is also free of charge with your USF ID.